Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 6/10/19

Good Monday morning to you all!

Let’s talk gift wrapping. Have you largely converted to using bags, or do you still wrap with boxes and paper? Or, do you just not wrap at all?

About the only time I wrap anything these days is at Christmas. Then, I use a combination of paper and boxes and gift bags. For birthdays and other occasions, Joel is generally the only person I am getting gifts for, and he couldn’t care less about wrappings. So I save myself the time and trouble.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

I love to wrap presents, so I wrap everything. And, yes, that includes adding a ribbon and bow to each gift. I don't think of it as a waste of time, I think of it as a tribute to the person receiving the gift: I think enough of you to make your gift look special.

Comment

I mainly use bags with tissue paper now, but at Christmas and for some other presents I do use boxes and wrapping paper.
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I use bags...rarely do I wrap.
        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Mostly paper but occasionally I’ll use gift bags. I don’t do bows or ribbons though. I just tape the card to the box and that’s it if it’s a birthday gift and at Christmas I just write the names on the boxes in marker so you can see it easily.
          CINDY

18 Trips to WDW and counting!!😊
          Granddaughters’ 1st trip-September 20-26, 2020!🥳

Comment

For birthdays - which mainly means Abby - I typically use wrapping paper but no boxes. If she gets something odd shaped or hard to wrap I'll use a bag.

For Christmas - because certain people (and I'm not naming names) like to feel gifts and guess what they are - I (or actually Abby who seems to have taken over wrapping duty) still use boxes and wrapping paper. I have 3 under bed boxes filled with nothing but wrapping paper and boxes we use from year to year. A fourth under bed box has bags for those bigger/hard to wrap gifts but pretty much everything is wrapped. If we have 5 bags under the tree, that's a lot.
            Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

• lovewdw2
              lovewdw2 commented
              Editing a comment
              and yeah I know those certain people (and I am not naming names)......

For birthdays I often just use bags and tissue paper unless it's something that's in a box and is easy to wrap. For Christmas, baby gifts, and wedding gifts, everything gets boxed and wrapped. The gift gets wrapped with no cut edges of wrapping paper showing (every paper edge gets folded so you can't see the cut and I also try to line up that folded edge with the edge of the box so it's not noticeable), And I only use double-sided tape so there is no visible tape on the package. Most of those gifts get ribbon and bows. If there is a card, it gets wrapped in the same wrapping paper and placed on the outside of the package under the bow.
            WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King. Next trip June 2020, AoA Lion King

Comment

For Christmas I use wrapping paper and boxes. I used to give the family stockings but then I'd have a hard time getting them back. Now the stockings are gift bags which is the only time I use bags.
              My trips:
              1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

I still use wrapping paper for birthday presents and then add gift bows and tags for Christmas.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Depends on what the gift is. I sometimes wrap and sometimes use gift bags.
                  "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

I only wrap Christmas presents. Other presents I give throughout the year are typically given in a gift bag.
                    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

I usually wrap Christmas presents in boxes with paper and use bags with tissue for birthdays. It also depends on the item’s size and shape.

Comment

Still mostly wrapping gifts. Sometimes bag depending on the gift and usually small items.
                        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

I use both, it depends on what the gift is and who it’s for.
                          ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL

Comment

I still wrap most gifts. I will occasionally use gift bags.

Comment

Working...
                            X