Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been reading, taking walks, and catching up on some TV shows and Disney vlogs I’ve been behind on. We are also playing games and putting together puzzles. One thing I really like to do is adult coloring pages. Lastly, I’ve been journaling about our days.

I’m also still working and taking an online grad class so those are taking up a lot of time.
    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

I just saw on Facebook today an article about people writing inspirational sayings and thoughts with sidewalk chalk. I think this is a wonderful idea and would be so nice to go for a walk and read things like that along your way .
      CINDY

Comment

Jigsaw puzzles, legos and reading are my biggies right now. I'm hoping the weather warms a bit for walking. My pups love to take walks and pull be along after them.
        11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post

My neighborhood did the same thing, but with shamrocks. We then had a shamrock scavenger hunt and families either walked or drove around the neighborhood looking for the shamrocks.
          Cool! I'm thinking it might be warmer and sunny tomorrow afternoon so we can walk and Easter egg hunt.
          Cam
          29 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Something else fun that a couple did in my neighborhood. They put on a porch concert as they are both professional saxophone players. They encouraged neighbors to walk by or stand on their porches and listen. We didn’t actually walk by as it was damp and misting that day, but we listened to it from our porch. I thought it was a great idea and I hope they do it again.
            Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

• revral
              revral commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds absolutely delightful and what a wonderful thing for them to do.

• disny_luvr
              disny_luvr commented
              Editing a comment
              It was. It brought tears to my eyes.

• Cam22
              Cam22 commented
              Editing a comment
              What a wonderful idea!

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
            I just saw on Facebook today an article about people writing inspirational sayings and thoughts with sidewalk chalk. I think this is a wonderful idea and would be so nice to go for a walk and read things like that along your way .
            Oh, I love this idea!
            Louise

Comment

I'm loving all of these ideas!! I've been catching up on reading and TV. I'm also going to be doing some volunteer tutoring online in the coming weeks - should help keep me busy!
              Yacht Club/Caribbean Beach Resort (Feb 2020) Disney Fantasy (Jan 2016) Disney Dream (Feb 2013) Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies (Dec 2011) Coronado Springs/Animal Kingdom Lodge (Feb 2010)

Comment

Originally posted by dwonderz View Post
                I'm loving all of these ideas!! I've been catching up on reading and TV. I'm also going to be doing some volunteer tutoring online in the coming weeks - should help keep me busy!
                Tutoring online is a great idea!
                Louise

Comment

I've been catching up on some Netflix shows, doing a Disney puzzle, doing laundry more frequently, logging onto here more. I still have to catch up on the Facebook trip reports I've been following. And, I also want to read Cheryl's trip report about her visit to China, I'm sure that'll take me until summer.
                  "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Originally posted by MayraLR View Post
                    I've been catching up on some Netflix shows, doing a Disney puzzle, doing laundry more frequently, logging onto here more. I still have to catch up on the Facebook trip reports I've been following. And, I also want to read Cheryl's trip report about her visit to China, I'm sure that'll take me until summer.
                    It probably will.... and we're only a week into it. There's another 11 days to go, so it will probably take me until the fall to post it!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I live in an apartment and my grandchildren and their parents live in the main house. The kids usually come over from after school until dinner but have been spending more time here. Both my son and his wife are trying to work from home. I am recalling all those activities I used to do with my own kids and trying to keep the kids busy which means a few too many games of Chutes and Ladders. I am also under a cloud of glitter because the kids loved glitter painting (luckily we ran out of glitter).

I try to take on of them on my walks and there are so many things we find and do. My 5 year old grandson discovered her can jump a full sidewalk block. We also look for reading opportunities and math work.

I have discovered that keeping up with a four year old and a soon to be six year really challenges my 67 year old body and mind.

I am also trying not too obsess too much about this crisis. My DD is a doctor and on the front lines working 14 hour shifts. While I get exhausted listening to her life, she seems to be thriving on the pace. Her hospital is rural and seems to be in good shape right now having gotten over a MD shortage when one staff member tested positive and 3/4 of the remaining were quarantined.

Comment

I just sorted out some clothes and household items that I no longer use and made a "pick-up" donation to VietNam Vets.

​​​​​​

Comment

I just finished knitting my second Irish Cable Afghan in the past months.

Comment

Working...
                          X