No announcement yet.

One good thing every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke had his first physical therapy session. When he came out, he told me that it is already helping. Yay!
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• manticorjenn
      manticorjenn commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad that Luke's physical therapy is helping him. Hopefully the therapist can get him feeling better and teach him techniques that he can use at home if he has a flare up.

• Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
    Luke had his first physical therapy session. When he came out, he told me that it is already helping. Yay!
    That's great news.I'm so happy and thrilled to hear this.

Comment

• Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
      Yay!! I am on Thanksgiving break and after the week I have had I really need it. I can't wait to watch the Macy's parade tomorrow and have dinner with my mom and dad on Friday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
      Enjoy your time off!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Originally posted by revral View Post

That's great that you were able to get it back so quickly. As for working on your phone, I understand completely. There's plenty I'll do on my phone but there's also a lot I wont do on my phone. I've ordered groceries while waiting at the bus stop on my phone but have never and never will (unless it's the site equivalent of life or death) edit pixie dust lane on my phone.
        Having the keyboard attached made things so much simpler. Trying to send one email on the phone took forever. Once I discovered I could plug in the keyboard, I could at least listen to the meeting and type up my notes.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
          Luke had his first physical therapy session. When he came out, he told me that it is already helping. Yay!
          Oh that's such great news. I'm so pleased to hear that.

Comment

• I had yesterday off work, which I needed, given all the work I'd done for the event on Monday. I went for a lovely long walk, put up a few Christmas decorations and, best of all, enjoyed a massage and facial. I really needed those.

Comment

• I have been off since Wednesday at 4pm, and will not go back until at least Wednesday at 7am, may extend it to Thursday. Thursday night we went to the Winterlights at Newfields (Indianapolis Art Museum) - it was very pretty, but cold. It was a lot of walking!! We think it was overpriced, but nice to do once. We probably won't go again. Tonight, we went to a much smaller, drive through light display put on by a local town. It was just the right amount of time, and the grand baby was enthralled!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teresa View Post
                I have been off since Wednesday at 4pm, and will not go back until at least Wednesday at 7am, may extend it to Thursday. Thursday night we went to the Winterlights at Newfields (Indianapolis Art Museum) - it was very pretty, but cold. It was a lot of walking!! We think it was overpriced, but nice to do once. We probably won't go again. Tonight, we went to a much smaller, drive through light display put on by a local town. It was just the right amount of time, and the grand baby was enthralled!
                That sounds lovely.

Comment

• Yesterday we were in London and we met up with some of our travel mates from China. The last time we saw them was November 2019. It was so lovely to catch up with them again. We did a lunch cruise along the Thames, then went to a nearby pub for a drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by chezp View Post
                    Yesterday we were in London and we met up with some of our travel mates from China. The last time we saw them was November 2019. It was so lovely to catch up with them again. We did a lunch cruise along the Thames, then went to a nearby pub for a drink.
                    The picture out of your hotel room that you posted on FB looked lovely! I hope you are having a great time.
                    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

• Today we secured all our hotel reservations for our trip out west next summer. It is really hard planning a trip to a place you've never been before, but I think we did a really good job. Thank goodness for the Internet. I can't imagine planning a trip like this without being about to google something and have the answer within seconds. Anyway, our trip is looking like this:

Day 1: Fly into Denver, overnight in Denver and catch a baseball game at Coors Field
                      Day 2: Drive to Rapid City, visit Mount Rushmore in the evening
                      Day 3: Badlands National Park
                      Day 4: Custer State Park and Crazy Horse
                      Day 5: Drive to Cody, Wyoming, go to the rodeo in the evening
                      Day 6: Yellowstone National Park (Old Faithful Inn)
                      Day 7: Yellowstone National Park (Canyon Lodge)
                      Day 8: Yellowstone National Park (Canyon Lodge)
                      Day 9: Drive to Jackson Hole
                      Day 10: Grand Teton National Park, whitewater rafting on the Snake River
                      Day 11: Grand Teton National Park
                      Day 12: Drive to Estes Park
                      Day 13: Rocky Mountain National Park
                      Day 14: Fly home

If anyone has ever been to any of these areas and has any tips on things to do or places to eat, please, please let me know. I know we want to go whitewater rafting on the Snake River and we are planning on doing a cookout in Yellowstone National Park, but right now that is it. We enjoy hiking and being outdoors, so that will be the majority of our days, but I am trying to add things for our boys to enjoy so that they don't get too bored.
                      Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

• manticorjenn
                        manticorjenn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As you know, I live in Montana and all of these places are in my backyard. So, I will let you know that you are packing a lot into a very short time. I am glad that you are spending three days in Yellowstone as it is a wonderful place with amazing views and lots of hiking. Be prepared to stop a lot for animal jams in the park. It will take you much longer to get to/from one place to another than you expect, but if you go with flow and think of Disney lines you will be fine. From your itinerary you will have a lot of driving with not much in between your destinations. Granted some of the places are very picturesque, but others are just open plains with nothing else. The Snake River whitewater rafting may not be as bad to book as Yellowstone, but the earlier you book the better. As far as places to eat, there are limited options inside of Yellowstone, but if you go out to West Yellowstone, Gardiner or Livingston you will have a few more options. Covid has had its impact here as well, so, some of them are shut down or on limited hours due to not having employees. However, as we all know things are changing on a daily basis and next summer may be better than now.
                        Last edited by manticorjenn; 11-30-2021, 03:39 PM.

• disny_luvr
                        disny_luvr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know what you’re saying about the amount of driving. We have gone back and forth about shaving off the South Dakota and/or Denver part, but we decided to forge ahead with our original plans. We know we won’t see/do everything but that’s okay.

I am worried about the food in Yellowstone. I know a family that stopped there for one day this summer and she said the food situation was really bad. Like everything else, I do hope it improves by this summer. We plan on stopping in Gardiner at some point so we’ll look there for a place to eat.

• Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post

The picture out of your hotel room that you posted on FB looked lovely! I hope you are having a great time.
                      We did have a wonderful time. It was a bit weird, as it was the first time we'd been in London socially since September 2019, but it was lovely to go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
                        Today we secured all our hotel reservations for our trip out west next summer. It is really hard planning a trip to a place you've never been before, but I think we did a really good job. Thank goodness for the Internet. I can't imagine planning a trip like this without being about to google something and have the answer within seconds. Anyway, our trip is looking like this:

Day 1: Fly into Denver, overnight in Denver and catch a baseball game at Coors Field
                        Day 2: Drive to Rapid City, visit Mount Rushmore in the evening
                        Day 3: Badlands National Park
                        Day 4: Custer State Park and Crazy Horse
                        Day 5: Drive to Cody, Wyoming, go to the rodeo in the evening
                        Day 6: Yellowstone National Park (Old Faithful Inn)
                        Day 7: Yellowstone National Park (Canyon Lodge)
                        Day 8: Yellowstone National Park (Canyon Lodge)
                        Day 9: Drive to Jackson Hole
                        Day 10: Grand Teton National Park, whitewater rafting on the Snake River
                        Day 11: Grand Teton National Park
                        Day 12: Drive to Estes Park
                        Day 13: Rocky Mountain National Park
                        Day 14: Fly home

If anyone has ever been to any of these areas and has any tips on things to do or places to eat, please, please let me know. I know we want to go whitewater rafting on the Snake River and we are planning on doing a cookout in Yellowstone National Park, but right now that is it. We enjoy hiking and being outdoors, so that will be the majority of our days, but I am trying to add things for our boys to enjoy so that they don't get too bored.
                        Oh my goodness, that sounds absolutely awesome! We have such wonderful memories of Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and one day I want to get to Badlands and Mount Rushmore... one day!

Comment

• On Sunday, I went for a lovely walk on to Tower Bridge before we left London. It was cold, but it was so beautiful.

Today I've been into the office and managed to do six hours, which is the most I've done on a day I've had to travel since pre-Covid, so I'm proud of that. Yes, I'm exhausted now with the chronic fatigue, but I'm pleased with what I've done.

Comment

• Originally posted by chezp View Post

Oh my goodness, that sounds absolutely awesome! We have such wonderful memories of Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and one day I want to get to Badlands and Mount Rushmore... one day!
                            We are really excited! It’s something totally different for us. I hope you make it to the Badlands and Mount Rushmore one day. If you do, I can give you some tips hopefully! 😊
                            Louise

Comment

Working...
                            X