No announcement yet.

One good thing every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My good thing for today is that I realized the Flower & Garden Festival will still be going on when we're in Disney in June!!! It's never run this late (July 4) when we've been there in June. The F&GF was on my Disney Bucket List from day one and we actually went to Disney in May 2009 and I was looking forward to spending a lot of time at the festival. But that trip ended up being during what we fondly refer to as "Monsoon Week". It rained for hours on end every day....most of the time it was pouring, not just a light rain that you can deal with. Due to those conditions, a lot of the festival events and displays were closed or cancelled that week. It was such a disappointment (but we still had a great trip despite the F&GF disappointment). So while I could technically cross that off my Disney bucket list, I did so with an asterisk fully intending to go back one day. I just didn't think it would be this year! And I'm pretty excited about the food stands that they have now....they didn't have those when we were there in 2009.
    WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

• Cam22
      Cam22
      Senior Lead Pixie
      Cam22 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll love the Flower & Garden Festival, and we have found the food booths to be tasty.

• Originally posted by allgiggles View Post
    My good thing for today is that I realized the Flower & Garden Festival will still be going on when we're in Disney in June!!! It's never run this late (July 4) when we've been there in June. The F&GF was on my Disney Bucket List from day one and we actually went to Disney in May 2009 and I was looking forward to spending a lot of time at the festival. But that trip ended up being during what we fondly refer to as "Monsoon Week". It rained for hours on end every day....most of the time it was pouring, not just a light rain that you can deal with. Due to those conditions, a lot of the festival events and displays were closed or cancelled that week. It was such a disappointment (but we still had a great trip despite the F&GF disappointment). So while I could technically cross that off my Disney bucket list, I did so with an asterisk fully intending to go back one day. I just didn't think it would be this year! And I'm pretty excited about the food stands that they have now....they didn't have those when we were there in 2009.
    Oh wow, how awesome that you get to enjoy it. We love Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival... and now you've mentioned it, it should be on for our spring trip next year. Yay!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• On Tuesday, I led the health walk and it was the first time without the organiser with me. I managed fine and everyone really enjoyed it. Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day and I had a lovely swim in the pool followed by some relaxing time in the hot tub.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Today I just hung around the house. Didn't really do anything but thoroughly enjoyed the not doing.

Comment

• allgiggles
          allgiggles
          Earning My Pixie Wings
          allgiggles commented
          Editing a comment
          I love days like that. Had a few of those over the holidays due to needing to isolate in the house after testing positive for covid. I moved into one of our guest rooms with my jigsaw puzzles, a few books, comfy clothes, and some snacks and drinks. Enjoyed a relatively stress-free staycation with no guilt.

• Originally posted by revral View Post
        Today I just hung around the house. Didn't really do anything but thoroughly enjoyed the not doing.
        Oh wow, that sounds lovely.

Comment

• Today was smoothie day!! DD and I went to our local smoothie shop, wearing masks, and got some in the drive thru. Also good - it's a 3 day weekend. My bosses know I probably have COVID and while I"m pretty heavily scheduled next week, we're playing it by ear and they have my secondary trainers lined up (I train up to 100 people at a time on processes for an insurance company - all via ZOOM from home).
          Also good - I can work from home, because I am home based since this all started, so while I might be contagious, if I'm feeling up to it, I can still work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teresa View Post
            Today was smoothie day!! DD and I went to our local smoothie shop, wearing masks, and got some in the drive thru. Also good - it's a 3 day weekend. My bosses know I probably have COVID and while I"m pretty heavily scheduled next week, we're playing it by ear and they have my secondary trainers lined up (I train up to 100 people at a time on processes for an insurance company - all via ZOOM from home).
            Also good - I can work from home, because I am home based since this all started, so while I might be contagious, if I'm feeling up to it, I can still work.
            I hear you about the working from home bit. I know so many of my colleagues who've had Covid in the last few weeks (thankfully all of them have had mild cases) and they've been able to work through it from home.

Comment

• I went out for a walk at lunchtime yesterday and it was such a beautiful day - completely clear blue skies, lovely sunshine, albeit still cold and icy underfoot, so I had to take care. It was such a perfect day for photos and one of those days where it's just lovely to be outdoors.

Comment

• Good thing today! I figured out how to put my photo as my avatar! It was so easy! I hadn't tried because our 'old' website/forum was a fairly difficult process for me.

Comment

Good thing today! I figured out how to put my photo as my avatar! It was so easy! I hadn't tried because our 'old' website/forum was a fairly difficult process for me.
                  I love it! I like being able to put a face with our Pixie pals!
                  Cam
                  29 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Good thing today! I figured out how to put my photo as my avatar! It was so easy! I hadn't tried because our 'old' website/forum was a fairly difficult process for me.
                    So wonderful to be able to put a face to a name.

Comment

• Played phone yahtzee with my mom earlier.

Comment

• I had a list of all of the things I wanted to get done today. Got one thing done. I'm okay with that - had a good day with my family.

Comment

• I got my braces off today! Woot! Woot!

I had to take the whole day off from work because my appointment was right in the middle of the day, so I spent the afternoon reading. It was delightful!
                          Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Working...
                          X