One good thing every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revral View Post
    I got the Disney chapstick holders I ordered off of Etsy in the mail today. They're adorable and I can't wait to use them. Yes, I bought more than one and in fact bought three. One to use day to day, one to use when traveling and one to live in my Owner's Locker. I'm Chapstick addict and proud of it. I also freely admit that my relationship with it is probably unhealthy but I don't care.
    I ordered some chapstick holders off of Etsy to give as a fish extender gift on our cruise a few years ago. They were a huge hit!
    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

• Originally posted by chezp View Post
      It turned out to be a mostly beautiful day, which was very different to what the weather forecast had said, so I was able to get outside and do a few bits and pieces in the garden.
      It sounds like a great day! I’m trying to soak up as much time outside before the weather turns too cold.
      Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

• Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post

It sounds like a great day! I’m trying to soak up as much time outside before the weather turns too cold.
        It's not so much the cold here (usually), it's the rain. I don't mind freezing cold days with sunshine, it's days with rain that I hate - like today!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Originally posted by chezp View Post

It's not so much the cold here (usually), it's the rain. I don't mind freezing cold days with sunshine, it's days with rain that I hate - like today!
          Well, we have the cold drizzle and the gusty winds today. Even have a wind advisory out until 7 pm. Such a dreary day, indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Haimia View Post

Well, we have the cold drizzle and the gusty winds today. Even have a wind advisory out until 7 pm. Such a dreary day, indeed!
            Ugh, that's not fun at all. We've had gusty winds over the last couple of days and torrential rain, which was not fun. I was glad we're in lockdown and able to stay home.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• I got the new wool dryer balls and the laundry sorter I ordered from Amazon today. I had to replace my wool dryer balls because I completely forgot I had some jeans in the dryer that weren't completely dry and the dryer balls developed some interesting colors and patterns. As for the laundry sorter, well, I needed something for sorting out laundry and am hoping this ends up being "it." I have unfortunately let myself get so far behind that if this was a race you might be able to make a case for me being first. I never thought that I'd be excited about a laundry sorter but I am. I'm pretty sure that along with getting excited by new appliances (stove, washer, dryer etc.) are signs that you're an adult.

Comment

• And one from the other day. I saw my across the landing as I was leaving the other day, we have a say hi and/or stop and chat relationship, and she told me that they've got toilet paper and paper towels and will share if I can't find any. You got to love neighbors that are true neighbors and not just those people that live next door.

Comment

I got the new wool dryer balls and the laundry sorter I ordered from Amazon today. I had to replace my wool dryer balls because I completely forgot I had some jeans in the dryer that weren't completely dry and the dryer balls developed some interesting colors and patterns. As for the laundry sorter, well, I needed something for sorting out laundry and am hoping this ends up being "it." I have unfortunately let myself get so far behind that if this was a race you might be able to make a case for me being first. I never thought that I'd be excited about a laundry sorter but I am. I'm pretty sure that along with getting excited by new appliances (stove, washer, dryer etc.) are signs that you're an adult.
                  I think you might be right!

Comment

And one from the other day. I saw my across the landing as I was leaving the other day, we have a say hi and/or stop and chat relationship, and she told me that they've got toilet paper and paper towels and will share if I can't find any. You got to love neighbors that are true neighbors and not just those people that live next door.
                    Oh that is lovely.

Comment

• Oh wow, I haven't updated for a while, so here goes:

Monday: it was my first day back to work after two weeks off and it wasn't at all bad - I didn't have too much to pick up
                      Tuesday: I went for a walk in town and managed to pick up a magazine that hadn't been delivered to me at home
                      Wednesday: I went for a filling and it went fine and the anaesthetic didn't last too long (sometimes it can be five or six hours!)
                      Thursday: I made gingerbread cookies
                      Friday: I went out for a lovely walk around the neighbourhood

Plus there's been all the positive news about the vaccine with the UK getting ready for a mass vaccination programme as soon as something's available, which is the best thing of all this week.

Comment

• I usually babysit my granddaughter on Friday afternoons but her mom didn't have to work the last 2 Fridays so I haven't had to babysit those weeks. It was great to finally spend some time with my granddaughter yesterday. She's talking so much and is just a joy to be with (though she is developing a stubborn streak at times...typical 3 year old.). And the weather was beautiful yesterday so we got to spend some time outside -- which she loves to do.

And my bonus good thing yesterday (actually, this is probably the "main" good thing and the granddaughter visit is the bonus. ) is that our youngest son is home for Thanksgiving. It's such a "process" -- he's been quarantining for nearly 2 weeks (he lives alone and works from home so not a big deal) and tested negative for Covid-19 a few days ago. He said the 2 airports were deserted though the plane seemed filled to near capacity (the middle seats were empty). He'll get tested again on Tuesday. He's not really doing much while he's here other than hanging out out our house and he is going on a hike with 2 friends this afternoon but that will all be outdoors and they'll wear masks if they can't keep themselves separated on the trail and that's all he has planned other than being here at the house. I'm just so happy to see him....he moved away in July so this is the longest I've gone without seeing him. We do Zoom calls every few weeks and text several times each week so it really doesn't feel much different than when he was at college even though he lives about 1300 miles further away than when he was at college. When he leaves here next weekend, he'll go home and quarantine and test again....which will lead him up to his return visit for Christmas. So much work to stay safe, but he needed this visit for his mental health. I think he's a little lonely in his new town even though he lived there last summer and knows a lot of people....they just can't go out and do stuff.
                        WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

• We have just gotten back from 12 days at Disney World, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with other folks who were properly masked and willing to keep their distance while still having fun and magical experiences.
                          Cam
                          28 Trips to WDW
                          2 Trips to DLR
                          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• Originally posted by allgiggles View Post
                            I usually babysit my granddaughter on Friday afternoons but her mom didn't have to work the last 2 Fridays so I haven't had to babysit those weeks. It was great to finally spend some time with my granddaughter yesterday. She's talking so much and is just a joy to be with (though she is developing a stubborn streak at times...typical 3 year old.). And the weather was beautiful yesterday so we got to spend some time outside -- which she loves to do.

And my bonus good thing yesterday (actually, this is probably the "main" good thing and the granddaughter visit is the bonus. ) is that our youngest son is home for Thanksgiving. It's such a "process" -- he's been quarantining for nearly 2 weeks (he lives alone and works from home so not a big deal) and tested negative for Covid-19 a few days ago. He said the 2 airports were deserted though the plane seemed filled to near capacity (the middle seats were empty). He'll get tested again on Tuesday. He's not really doing much while he's here other than hanging out out our house and he is going on a hike with 2 friends this afternoon but that will all be outdoors and they'll wear masks if they can't keep themselves separated on the trail and that's all he has planned other than being here at the house. I'm just so happy to see him....he moved away in July so this is the longest I've gone without seeing him. We do Zoom calls every few weeks and text several times each week so it really doesn't feel much different than when he was at college even though he lives about 1300 miles further away than when he was at college. When he leaves here next weekend, he'll go home and quarantine and test again....which will lead him up to his return visit for Christmas. So much work to stay safe, but he needed this visit for his mental health. I think he's a little lonely in his new town even though he lived there last summer and knows a lot of people....they just can't go out and do stuff.
                            How wonderful to have him home again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
                              We have just gotten back from 12 days at Disney World, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with other folks who were properly masked and willing to keep their distance while still having fun and magical experiences.
                              I'm so glad to hear that and I'm sure that will help to reassure anyone who's heading to Disney in the near future.

Comment

• Yesterday, we had a taste of Disney with some POG juice (as they call it at Aulani), but it's the same tropical juice you get in Boma and 'Ohana. It's made of equal amounts of orange juice, passion fruit juice and guava juice. I never thought we'd be able to do it at home, as I didn't realise all the ingredients were available over here, but now I know that, I see a lot of POG juice in our future!

Comment

Working...
                                X