Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 5/21/20

Good Thursday, pixies!

Do you enjoy manicures and/or pedicures?

I don’t spend money on either one, although I think getting a pedicure is a lovely indulgence. I had one once, and I will admit that I really enjoyed it. I won’t do acrylic nails, and I just think a manicure is not worth my time and money.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

I love my manicures and pedicures! I get them every other week as a treat to myself while sitting in the massage chair.
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

I have never had either of the services. I hate my feet touched so never would even try getting a pedicure. And I agree, I think a manicure is not worth my time or money.

Comment

I have never had either and have no plans to .
        My trips:
        1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

I've never had either, but I think manicured nails look great. I just haven't been able to justify the cost.

Comment

Ohmygosh I HATE pedicures! I’ve had a few since my back surgery and they are just awful I was so glad when I could finally manage to reach my own feet.

i did acrylics for years in my 20s-30s, but it became an indulgence I couldn’t afford, so have done my own nails since. I used nail polish strips for awhile, but found my nails are happiest with a good polish, which, with 4 DDs, I mastered long ago.

Comment

I had acrylics for years. I was wearing glue on nails for quite a while. In December I took them off and was able to let them grow out. I wouldn’t mind a manicure to get them looking better. Big no on pedicures... I don’t like others touching my feet. I even turned down a job working with a podiatrist. I couldn’t handle dealing with feet all day long...😂😂
              Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

I have never had either. I do my own toenails in the summer. Other than that I don’t bother with either the rest of the year.
                CINDY

Comment

I've had them done a couple of times, but I'm not a fan. Now massages and facials... that's another story.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Forget a manicure.... and a pedicure sounds relaxing, but I too don't let people touch my feet, except my Foot Doctor. But yeah my sister says I should get a pedicure, but I would probably be laughing the whole time....
                    Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

I do my own nails but once a year I get a professional manicure.

Comment

Until this pandemic/lockdown, I have gotten a manicure every other week for years. I have never done acrylics, but I love the shellac polishes that dry very quickly and hold up well for two weeks. In the summer, I get a pedicure usually in April and then just get a polish change once every other month after that. My nail tech will be seeing me a week from today, and I am so ready as my fingernails are a mess. She isn't doing pedicures/polish changes right now, so I'm not sure when I'll get one of those done again.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I love manicures! I got one every other week for over 15 years. Then about 6-7 years ago the nail tech I went to for all those years changed careers and wasn't doing nails anymore. I tried a few other techs but never "clicked" with one, so I haven't gotten a manicure in several years other than a few special occasions. I used to get a few pedicures during the summer months but my feet are very ticklish so it's not very relaxing for me but I love the way my feet look and feel when it's finished. I've only gotten pedicures from the nail tech I went to for all those years because she knew how ticklish I am and she handled my feet with a gentle firmness so that I wasn't jumping all over the place during the pedicure.
                          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

I have never had a manicure or pedicure. I don't see myself ever getting either.

Comment

Working...
                            X