Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not exactly how I wanted to celebrate my Birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not exactly how I wanted to celebrate my Birthday!

Yes, today is my Birthday- May 21st- I am not looking for any attention or anyone to say Happy Birthday! However I have had many texts from people that I am either related to or just good Friends with....Okay you can wish me a Happy Birthday, and Thank you!

However today I had planned today to do the trail for the Horse Back riding with my 2 kids. We haven't done this since 2008. So yeah it was overdue. Then afterwards go to Teppan Edo for Lunch....walk around World Showcase, probably get a Henna.... maybe try something later or eat a snack. But Definitely my time in Disney with my kids & Wanda..... and then I had thought I would go back to the resort (Caribbean Beach) and catch whatever movie was being played at the pool. Enjoying the hot tub as well.

But Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... that isn't what happened today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead I slept in until 6:30am (I get up at 4am for my temp job), watched repeat episodes of ER while eating a scrumptious Chocolate cream cheese muffin for breakfast. At 10am, turned off the tv and was on the computer trying to figure out why my pictures never downloaded on my computer. Then started to work on my Dad's- Father's Day present and all the while texting a friend, a colleague from work, and here & there from my son in CA. Then ate lunch- chicken salad + a Cherry Coke (which I haven't had in a LONG time)

For the rest of the day, a nap is scheduled lol. After that picking up a cake, that I ordered on Monday (actually 3 little bundt cakes to celebrate my birthday & Ryan's Graduation. Got 3 flavors, because I couldn't decide )- and finally picking up dinner at Olive Garden... at least dinner will be Yum- but not exactly Teppan Edo....

It is 72 degrees here in eastern part of PA....not 93 in Disney. Thank you for letting me explain my Birthday.... and I still had a nice one!
    Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Happy birthday!

And I'm so glad you were still able to enjoy it, even if it wasn't what you'd planned. The one big plus I would say is that I'd rather have those 72 degree temperatures any day, rather than the 93!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      However I would still wouldn't mind the 93 degrees here. It should be warmer here by now. Thank you Cheryl!

Happy Birthday!! Sorry you didn’t get to spend it the way you wanted. Just curious, do you normally bake or buy your own birthday cake? Just wondered cause I refuse to do that myself which explains why I haven’t had a birthday cake since I was 19. Certainly not holding my breath that I get one this year on my 58th either. DH is clueless.🙄 Wishing you a wonderful evening! 😊
    Last edited by luvnwdwgal; 05-21-2020, 12:03 PM.
    CINDY

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!! Glad you've been enjoying your unplanned birthday.
      Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Darlene.... I did enjoy it

It sounds like a lovely day! Happy birthday!

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a Lovely day, Thank you.

Sounds like a wonderful day!! I hope the evening and Olive Garden are wonderful as well.
      Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dinner was good and so was the 3 little cakes. I only a very small slice of each. Thank you.

Happy Birthday, Kate! Sounds like the day was wonderful in spite of not being where you'd planned. 🍰
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Cam! It was nice and relaxing. The weather helped too

Happy Birthday Kate!!! I'm glad you had a good birthday even though it didn't go as you had planned.

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Laura. We Disney People can be versatile when we need to be!

I'm sorry it couldn't be what you had planned, but glad you had great weather and made the most of what life doled out to you. Maybe next year you can have that desired celebration. Sending loads of birthday pixies your way to sprinkle you and make for a great rest of the day.
      11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Pris! Or maybe I can stretch it to September and December too... lol (and I still will take next year too)

Happy Birthday ! Glad to see you enjoyed your day.

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I sure did!

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
      Happy Birthday!! Sorry you didn’t get to spend it the way you wanted. Just curious, do you normally bake or buy your own birthday cake? Just wondered cause I refuse to do that myself which explains why I haven’t had a birthday cake since I was 19. Certainly not holding my breath that I get one this year on my 58th either. DH is clueless.🙄 Wishing you a wonderful evening! 😊
      Well, I am a baker and I have in the past made my own because there were certain flavors I liked at those birthdays. But this year I decided to buy my birthday cake. I went to "Nothing Bundt Cakes"- and I bought 3 mini ones, because I couldn't decide what flavor I liked. They were only about $4.00 a piece. Duncan Hines, the butter recipe one is a good and moist yellow cake, and I like that too. If you really want a cake for your birthday, then take a stand and make your own!
      Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
        luvnwdwgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I should make or buy my own but that’s even more depressing. I bake DH’s favorite angel food cake every year for his birthday and he doesn’t even bother to buy one for me. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. 😊

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes you have to do what you WANT! Why is it depressing to make or buy your birthday cake? Its YOUR Birthday, and you shouldn't expect someone to buy you a birthday cake. As you have said that your husband doesn't even bother to get you one. And I hope you make his cake for him and not expecting him to get you one? That's a losing battle right there. Take the reins and make yourself Happy- get your own cake. I did have a wonderful Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted it to be. My birthday was the same. I hope we can make up for it next year.

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww I am sorry but I hope your Birthday was wonderful anyway. I am hoping to make it up this year... lol

Happy Birthday! Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted.
      My trips:
      1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, but I made the Best of it....

Happy Birthday! Sorry that it wasn't exactly as you planned.
      That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
      WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

• lovewdw2
        lovewdw2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.... it sure wasn't, but it turned out to be a really good one!
    Working...
    X