Odd Thoughts of Disney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thoughts of Disney

Something I often do when between trips and missing WDW is to imagine guests there at that particular time doing things I enjoy.

For instance, a bright sunny morning after breakfast can have me thinking of people hustling off for MK rope drop, how fresh and excited they all are for the start of their Disney day.

A chilly, foggy fall day reminds me of the rotten weather we've experienced in November. I wonder if WDW guests are having an UN-Florida day like ours were.

Fixing dinner brings images of the open kitchen chefs swiftly preparing orders and of people enjoying dinner at a restaurant where we've had lovely meals. So much so that I can almost smell what they're eating.

Even when I awake in the night, I'm reassured by the thought that somebody somewhere in a Disney Park is having a magical time.

It's weird, but once I heard that parks were shutting down worldwide, I felt abandoned. It was as if all those people enjoying being at Disney had been caretaking, keeping the magic alive and waiting for my return to WDW. Suddenly, they weren't there doing that--anywhere in the world. It almost felt like Disney had gone comatose, or even worse, was no longer there.

It feels better knowing that my caretakers of Disney have been reviving the magic already in Shanghai and Hong Kong and will soon be bringing it back to life in the USA.

I've missed them.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

I had similar feelings, and when I learned that the zookeepers were still at work that made me feel so much better.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• BriarRose4
      BriarRose4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! Those precious creatures need to be taken care of extra special, especially those white rhinos.

• Cam22
      Cam22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad the keepers are tending to all of them, but you know I'm most happy that they are watching out for the giraffes.

• Cam22
      Cam22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad the keepers are tending to all of them, but you know I'm most happy that they are watching out for the giraffes.

I love that you do that and it just goes to show how different we are all. I don't do that at all and in fact I can't bear to think of people in Disney parks enjoying themselves, as it makes me feel homesick for our second home. I really hate it when large groups of friends are in Disney together and are posting photos on Facebook, as it makes me feel so left out. I do agree though that now that some of the parks are open, I feel much happier - it's a small slice of normality in a very strange world.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
      Something I often do when between trips and missing WDW is to imagine guests there at that particular time doing things I enjoy.

For instance, a bright sunny morning after breakfast can have me thinking of people hustling off for MK rope drop, how fresh and excited they all are for the start of their Disney day.

A chilly, foggy fall day reminds me of the rotten weather we've experienced in November. I wonder if WDW guests are having an UN-Florida day like ours were.

Fixing dinner brings images of the open kitchen chefs swiftly preparing orders and of people enjoying dinner at a restaurant where we've had lovely meals. So much so that I can almost smell what they're eating.

Even when I awake in the night, I'm reassured by the thought that somebody somewhere in a Disney Park is having a magical time.

It's weird, but once I heard that parks were shutting down worldwide, I felt abandoned. It was as if all those people enjoying being at Disney had been caretaking, keeping the magic alive and waiting for my return to WDW. Suddenly, they weren't there doing that--anywhere in the world. It almost felt like Disney had gone comatose, or even worse, was no longer there.

It feels better knowing that my caretakers of Disney have been reviving the magic already in Shanghai and Hong Kong and will soon be bringing it back to life in the USA.

I've missed them.
      Dot have you considered It MIGHT be time to consider another cookbook other than Timoth Leary's. Just a thunkering

Comment

I don't think like that. Instead I look for signs of Disney here where I live. Like Mickey icons on my street, well actually they are man holes covers but there are 3 of them that look to me like a Mickey head. There is a Ford dealership not too far from me, whose initials are GF. Yes, I see that as Grand Floridian.

But I don't think that is Odd thoughts of Disney. I think it is just Disney Normal!
        Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

Working...
        X