Promotion and Raise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion and Raise!!!

OMG!!!! Starting on the 10th of August, I will be a Criminal Justice Technician II!!!!

My current supervisor is a lovely lady who, even tho she has no real grasp on what I do, really went to bat for me and got my position upgraded!

I am now the ranking evidence custodian for the department in name as well as in time on the job (I had been acting in that capacity for years).

The upgrade also came with a $4 an hour raise!! I'm just mind boggled by that! I've never had that substantial of a raise - ever!

What I'm really excited about is that now my retirement pay will be based on my new wage - even tho I have to work around three years to make that work. But that isn't a real issue since DH and I were planning to work at least 4 more years anyway!

And the lovely lady I mentioned before - she also petitioned to have my position moved to be supervised by a trooper. This is just more logical since the troopers at least have a basic working knowledge of running an evidence room in the first place. Plus I was the ONLY custodian being supervised by a non-commissioned person in the department.

So anyway, I wanted to share my good news in these gray days of not so good news!

CONGRATULATIONS. .... Well earned recognition. Best of luck with future achievements

Comment

That's marvelous! I hope you're buying some thick steaks and demanding that DH cook dinner.
      “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Congrats!!! The pixies are headed your way and are in party mode. And at the moment party mode seems to necessitate varying types and brands of alcohol, a jet ski and a life size sculpture of King Kong made out of solid chocolate.

Comment

Congratulations!! That's a GREAT raise! Especially in our current climate/situation!
          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

Congratulations! Every bit of this sounds awesome!
            Cam
            28 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

What wonderful news!! How exciting to receive something like that that you weren't really expecting. It sounds like your current supervisor knows what needs to be done and goes after it.
              11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Way to go!
                That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                  Congrats!!! The pixies are headed your way and are in party mode. And at the moment party mode seems to necessitate varying types and brands of alcohol, a jet ski and a life size sculpture of King Kong made out of solid chocolate.
                  This literally made laugh out loud!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone!
                  It's been a long time coming and feels awesome.

Comment

• revral
                    revral commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to make you laugh. I really like seeing what the pixies come up. It's always interesting.

Congratulations!

Comment

That is absolutely wonderful news! Congrats! And on a side note, how lovely to have someone who went into bat for you like that, that makes all the difference.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Congratulations!
                      My trips:
                      1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

That is amazing! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Great news! Congratulations.

Comment

Such great news and congrats to you!
                            Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                            WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                            X