Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 10/16/20

Good Friday, pixies!

What’s one non-essential thing you really miss as a result of the changes due to Covid-19? Is there anything you feel is better for you as a result?

We miss new movies in theaters. On the upside, I’ve saved more money this year than I would typically have done.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

I miss going to our favorite pancake house for breakfast. I only go to the stores when I have to. Saving money from not shopping as often is always a good thing.
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Going out to eat-- a lot -- is the thing I miss the most. Even though restaurants are open again, we're not comfortable eating in a restaurant yet (well, I would probably be ok eating in an outdoor area at certain restaurants, but my husband isn't there yet.). We're content getting take out for now (which we do several times a week -- usually on the weekend).

The good thing is that I've realized I don't need to constantly go to Walmart, Target, etc. just to see what's on sale and what I *might* need. Now I order most things online and because of that, I don't tend to impulse buy. We've saved a lot of money this year.
      WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

We miss travelling - we were due to be on the Panama canal cruise next month and we'd been looking forward to that since we booked it a couple of years ago. On the plus side, like a lot of people, we've spent a lot less, particularly as I've been working from home for the last seven months.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I miss being able to see people's expressions. On the positive side covid and the restrictions it's brought have gotten me investing some time, energy and money in to the house.

Comment

I miss our occasional weekends away to Amish country. Going away anywhere is just not happening now especially to Amish country where they don’t wear masks. From what I’ve heard it’s pretty bad in those areas. I just don’t feel safe going anywhere. It’s not worth the risk. We hardly ever ate out before the pandemic so that hasn’t been an issue. I do like the money we’re saving though by basically not going or doing anything anymore. Between the pandemic and my in-laws the lives have been sucked out of us.
            CINDY

Comment

I think the nonessential I miss is getting to make our annual spring trip to WDW, but we are headed down next month, so that doesn't seem to fit. I do appreciate the money we have saved though by staying home.
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Movies at the theater...but I'm getting used to watching at home and being able to pause movie when I need to head to the bathroom!

Window shopping. I find I go into the store, get what I need and get out. Saving a lot of money this way!

So there are ups and downs.

Comment

I miss being able to hang out with my friends - we used to go out to lunch at least once a month or so and we'd spend hours talking. Now, it's a phone call.
                  I also miss my family. I see my kids and my mom every now and again, but I haven't seen my sister or her family in months and months. My niece is a resident at a hospital in one of the worst hit areas in Indiana.

Comment

Going places and attending sporting events. Also traveling.

Comment

Since we don't do much anyway the pandemic really hasn't changed us much. The thing I do miss is the ability to take short weekend trips to Wendover, NV and Deadwood, ND just to blow off steam. With this we really haven't saved any more money than we would have. We didn't spend it at gambling, but we spent it on home projects.
                      Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I miss getting together with friends and being able to travel. Like others have said, we have saved money by not leaving the state and limiting the number of stores we go into.

Comment

Two things I miss the most - and both are related to work - smiles and noise. I just hate that I cannot see my students smiling. I guess I could say this about people in general. I miss smiles. The other thing I miss is noise. I never thought I’d say this, but the halls and classrooms are eerily quiet. No one talks! Students can’t really collaborate anymore and they are all sitting feet apart, working independently, which requires no talking. Heck, I can’t even get my students to answer questions. The cafeteria is even quiet. Before Covid when the dismissal bell would ring, kids would be slamming lockers closed, yelling in the halls, joking around with their friends. Now when the bell rings, I literally hear the voices of a few students in the halls. It just breaks my heart how different school is. I’m so thankful to be back, but I just miss the way things were.
                          Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Taking my annual trip for a week to Disney/Universal or somewhere else. First few months it was eating out, but I have been doing that since eateries in my area are now at 50-75% for indoor dining. Also going to concerts, sporting events and movies.
                            Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                            WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                            X