Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a mattress they love?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who has a mattress they love?

    My husband and I need a new mattress. It’s been years since we purchased our current one. I’m overwhelmed with all the choices. Sleep Number, Casper, Purple, BedInABox, more traditional? I just don’t know. Any recommendations?
    Louise

    2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

  • #2
    I bought a Layla back when I was struggling to sleep in a bed post-spine surgery. I got an adjustable bed, so was looking for a mattress that would be able to bend. I went through SO many. The Layla is not hot and has a soft and firm side to make it easier (I like the firm). There is also a topper you can use to make the firm side more medium. I use the topper on my recliner/lift chair and it is delightful. They make pillows which are also adjustable by removing filling. I tried them, but I’m a buckwheat pillow
    person, so gave them to DDs who like them a lot.

    Comment


    • #3
      We bought a Tempurpedic years ago. Love it. Wouldn’t have anything else.
      CINDY

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by graygables View Post
        I bought a Layla back when I was struggling to sleep in a bed post-spine surgery. I got an adjustable bed, so was looking for a mattress that would be able to bend. I went through SO many. The Layla is not hot and has a soft and firm side to make it easier (I like the firm). There is also a topper you can use to make the firm side more medium. I use the topper on my recliner/lift chair and it is delightful. They make pillows which are also adjustable by removing filling. I tried them, but I’m a buckwheat pillow
        person, so gave them to DDs who like them a lot.
        I’ve never heard of a Layla. I will look into it. Thank you!
        Louise

        2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
          We bought a Tempurpedic years ago. Love it. Wouldn’t have anything else.
          Yes, Tempurpedic was another one I was looking at. Glad you like it.
          Louise

          2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

          Comment


          • #6
            We have a memory foam pillow top mattress from Jamison. We selected it because it was recommended as one of the best for those with arthritis. I sleep so much better on it and can't even tell when Luke gets up at night.
            Cam
            28 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

            Comment


            • disny_luvr
              disny_luvr commented
              Editing a comment
              I will look into Jamison. Thanks for the recommendation.

          • #7
            We have a Sleep Number that we love. It's actually our 2nd one; we had our first one for about 14 years. The other one was still very comfortable, we just wanted more updated features.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by KathyL View Post
              We have a Sleep Number that we love. It's actually our 2nd one; we had our first one for about 14 years. The other one was still very comfortable, we just wanted more updated features.
              My husband really, really wants a Sleep Number!
              Louise

              2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

              Comment


              • KathyL
                KathyL commented
                Editing a comment
                We have a special edition flex top king. The head part of our mattress is split part way down so that we can each raise our heads/back to different heights. It helps my husband with his snoring. The foot of our bed can also be raised up. My only complaint about the bed is that because of the flex top, we have to have the sleep number sheets.

              • disny_luvr
                disny_luvr commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just going to ask about the sheets. I’d guess you’d have to have “special” ones if the mattress splits. Do you just order them through Sleep Number?
            Working...
            X