Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I was playing around in the settings menu of my phone and decided to check out the trusted = unlocked settings (if the phone is in a trusted location or near a trusted device it remains unlocked). I ended up setting it up so that if my versa fitbit is nearby the phone stays unlocked. I'm loving it. This setting is the best of both worlds. I get the convenience of leaving my phone unlocked and the security of having it locked at the same time. I'm going seriously love this when I'm at Disney as I wont have to unlock my phone every time I want to take a picture or check something but at the same time if I somehow manage to leave it someplace some stranger can't access everything that's on my phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by revral View Post
      Last night I was playing around in the settings menu of my phone and decided to check out the trusted = unlocked settings (if the phone is in a trusted location or near a trusted device it remains unlocked). I ended up setting it up so that if my versa fitbit is nearby the phone stays unlocked. I'm loving it. This setting is the best of both worlds. I get the convenience of leaving my phone unlocked and the security of having it locked at the same time. I'm going seriously love this when I'm at Disney as I wont have to unlock my phone every time I want to take a picture or check something but at the same time if I somehow manage to leave it someplace some stranger can't access everything that's on my phone.
      That sounds like it will make life much easier.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Last night I was playing around in the settings menu of my phone and decided to check out the trusted = unlocked settings (if the phone is in a trusted location or near a trusted device it remains unlocked). I ended up setting it up so that if my versa fitbit is nearby the phone stays unlocked. I'm loving it. This setting is the best of both worlds. I get the convenience of leaving my phone unlocked and the security of having it locked at the same time. I'm going seriously love this when I'm at Disney as I wont have to unlock my phone every time I want to take a picture or check something but at the same time if I somehow manage to leave it someplace some stranger can't access everything that's on my phone.
        Cool! I need to check to see if I can do this, too.
        Cam
        29 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• revral
          revral commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure it was under security in the menu. Of course, the location could be completely different on your phone.

• Cam22
          Cam22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've checked and it doesn't seem my Samsung S8 will let me do this. I've checked the security and can't find a way to do that.

• Ugh! At a 11:21am it's already 80F with a real feel of 92F and 66% humidity.

Comment

• manticorjenn
          manticorjenn commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an Ugh!! Luckily we have come down in temp today at a comfortable 70F. We will be back in the mid 90's next week.

Ugh! At a 11:21am it's already 80F with a real feel of 92F and 66% humidity.
        Sorry! It's just as muggy and hot here. I may have sweat off a pound during our 2.5 mile walk today.
        Cam
        29 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• I managed to break the little toe on my left foot yesterday. I've iced and taped it to the toe next to it and am waiting on the delivery of a cane from WalMart and a toe splint from Amazon. Unless it gets worse in some way there's no point in going to a doctor as they'll do what I've done in terms of splinting. So, I'm not going to be doing a lot of anything that can't be done from the couch for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• manticorjenn
            manticorjenn commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear about your toe and the hot weather. Hopefully both get better soon.

I managed to break the little toe on my left foot yesterday. I've iced and taped it to the toe next to it and am waiting on the delivery of a cane from WalMart and a toe splint from Amazon. Unless it gets worse in some way there's no point in going to a doctor as they'll do what I've done in terms of splinting. So, I'm not going to be doing a lot of anything that can't be done from the couch for the foreseeable future.
          Ouch! I am so sorry. I've done that twice and it is absolutely no fun!
          Cam
          29 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

Ouch! I am so sorry. I've done that twice and it is absolutely no fun!
            Yeah, it's definitely not fun. And since it's Stupid Hot out I can't even hobble over to Starbucks.

Comment

I managed to break the little toe on my left foot yesterday. I've iced and taped it to the toe next to it and am waiting on the delivery of a cane from WalMart and a toe splint from Amazon. Unless it gets worse in some way there's no point in going to a doctor as they'll do what I've done in terms of splinting. So, I'm not going to be doing a lot of anything that can't be done from the couch for the foreseeable future.
              How on earth did you manage that? Hope it's better soon.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Originally posted by chezp View Post

How on earth did you manage that? Hope it's better soon.
                I whacked it on the leg of the wheeled computer table/desk my laptop's on. But looking on the positive side at least I didn't do this when I have a trip to Disney coming up in a few weeks or sooner. I would not want to do Disney with a broken toe with or without a scooter.

Comment

I whacked it on the leg of the wheeled computer table/desk my laptop's on. But looking on the positive side at least I didn't do this when I have a trip to Disney coming up in a few weeks or sooner. I would not want to do Disney with a broken toe with or without a scooter.
                  Ouch!

Comment

• I'm getting my Covid 19 booster shot tomorrow morning and I am excited about getting it. And, since there's a McDonalds across the parking lot from the clinic I'm getting the booster shot at I'm thinking that I'll treat myself to a McDonalds breakfast. Then I think I'm going to go spend a generous portion of the day at Starbucks. The only question is whether it will be "my" Starbucks or the one close to "my" WalMart.

Comment

I'm getting my Covid 19 booster shot tomorrow morning and I am excited about getting it. And, since there's a McDonalds across the parking lot from the clinic I'm getting the booster shot at I'm thinking that I'll treat myself to a McDonalds breakfast. Then I think I'm going to go spend a generous portion of the day at Starbucks. The only question is whether it will be "my" Starbucks or the one close to "my" WalMart.
                      Glad to hear you're getting your booster. We're due our flu shots on Saturday. I wish I could say I'm excited. I'm dreading it. I'm a total needle phobe (bad experiences when I was a child) and I usually feel terrible after it. That's why I scheduled it at the weekend, so hopefully it won't impact on work.

Comment

Working...
                      X