This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joelsmom View Post
    I just did something positively zany! We have long dreamed of visiting NYC, and I just went online and bought tickets to The Music Man at the Winter Garden Theatre for March 2, one day after my birthday! It will be a quick trip, two nights, and we will split the cost. I seriously cannot believe that I will be seeing Hugh Jackman and the magnificent Sutton Foster on Broadway! What?!?!?
    That's great. Congrats!

Comment

I just did something positively zany! We have long dreamed of visiting NYC, and I just went online and bought tickets to The Music Man at the Winter Garden Theatre for March 2, one day after my birthday! It will be a quick trip, two nights, and we will split the cost. I seriously cannot believe that I will be seeing Hugh Jackman and the magnificent Sutton Foster on Broadway! What?!?!?
      That sounds awesome! Congrats.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

You'll have such a good time! I love going to NYC for a show. I'm actually heading there on Wednesday to see the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall (I think this is the 5th time I'm seeing it). The show really puts me in a Christmas mood! We're fortunate that we live about 2 hours outside of the city -- though we don't go into the city as often as I would like to. This will be my first trip back to the city since Feb. 2020.

WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

• Originally posted by allgiggles View Post

You'll have such a good time! I love going to NYC for a show. I'm actually heading there on Wednesday to see the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall (I think this is the 5th time I'm seeing it). The show really puts me in a Christmas mood! We're fortunate that we live about 2 hours outside of the city -- though we don't go into the city as often as I would like to. This will be my first trip back to the city since Feb. 2020.
        Enjoy! That sounds like such a fun reason to go into the city.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Just a little something to get you even more excited! I just happened to walk by the theater last night and immediately thought of you!

20211215_172611.jpg
          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

• joelsmom
            joelsmom
            Lead Pixie
            joelsmom commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhhhh!!!! Thanks for that photo!! Now I am just praying that Covid conditions don’t get worse and we get canceled. We have a small window of opportunity to see this show, and if Omicron gets in the way, we probably won’t be able to reschedule.

• allgiggles
            allgiggles
            Earning My Pixie Wings
            allgiggles commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I hope you're able to see the show! They take this virus very seriously in NYC. Our kids are normally allowed to go into the backstage dressing area of the theater to get changed into their performance wear. This year they had to change in the public bathrooms (before the public was allowed in the building) because they won't allow *anyone* to be backstage near the performers. And the performers didn't come out on the street to sign autographs after the show. One of the moms in our group forgot her picture ID on the bus --the driver dropped us off at Radio City and then drove a few miles away to park in the bus holding lot so there was no way (or certainly not enough time) to get her ID before the show started -- and she was not allowed in the theater. She had her Covid vaccine card but they absolutely would not let her in without her ID to verify that the Covid card was actually hers. And even though masks weren't required to be worn in the theater since everyone had to be vaccinated to get in (other than by kids under 5), based on my observations, I think about 90-95% of the attendees still wore their masks for the entire show. And every person I saw in the numerous stores we went in to was wearing a mask. No one stood at the door to make sure they were being worn, people just did it. And about 50% of people walking on the sidewalks had a mask on. I seriously felt safer in the city than I do in our little town when it comes to Covid protocols.
        Working...
        X