Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 11/22/21

Good Monday, pixies!

In this Thanksgiving week, it seems appropriate that we discuss some of the menu. Do you serve cranberry sauce? Do you eat it?

I have the jelly type for my mom, but nobody else touches it.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce. I love it.
    My trips:
    1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

Love it, but it has to be jellied. Convenient slicing guide built
      right in! And it has to be sliced and canned out on the plate. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by gremlinkid73 View Post
        It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce. I love it.
        Same here. And, always have 3 different choices. When my kids were young, I always made cranberry sauce with them. Both my DDs carry on the tradition and make it with their children. Both girls have different recipes and both bring a batch to the dinner. And, Jack...and some others..... just liked the canned jellied choice......so we still have that, too.

Comment

I love the jellied cranberry sauce! I love the suction sound it makes as it slides out of the can and then you have the perfect lines to slice it. 😁👍
          CINDY

Comment

Not a fan of cranberry…, didn’t buy any this year. Our Thanksgiving is tomorrow since we are all working on Thanksgiving. All at Universal.
            Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

YUP! I actually like both the jellied and the "whole" cranberry. I even made cranberry chutney that was darn good!

Comment

I like having some cranberry sauce with my Thanksgiving meal. I think it provides a nice tart contrast to most of the other things being served that day. While I will eat the standard cranberry sauce out of a can, I prefer a cranberry-orange relish.
                WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

We service it, but I do not eat it.
                  That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                  WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club

Comment

None of us care for it, so we don't even bother with it for the meal.
                    Cam
                    29 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

We serve cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving. I prefer the liked kind.

Comment

I eat cranberry sauce, but only with things like baked brie.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I have a friend who goes out and crawls around the woods and picks low bush cranberries - however, they are actually lingonberries.
                          She makes a "cranberry sauce" out of them. It's pretty tasty, but I like to make them into jelly. But they are such a pain to pick, that I normally can't work up the gumption to go pick them!

Comment

Working...
                          X