Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 1/7/21

Good Friday, everyone!

What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?

We’ve had our first winter storm. The worst is the frigid temperature, which this morning is a brisk 20F. We do have some icy patches on the roads this morning, but it’s passable to drive with caution. Joel and I both went to work.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021

It was 36 at 5 am. The temps will climb i to the 70s and we will play tennis midday

Comment

Snow, snow and more snow. We think we already have something like 10 inches out there and the storm still has quite a few hours to go. I'm getting ready to go outside and move the snow as Lenny has to go to work in a couple of hours and I go in for 2:30 at the second job. Roads don't look good and I've barely heard plows so it'll be interesting driving.

**UPDATED** We just got in from snowblowing/shoveling. The 6 to 9 inches of snow predicted was at least a foot where we are and while it's still snowing, it's getting brighter out and it seems to be slowing down which is a good thing.
      CinderAbby
      Earning My Pixie Wings
      Last edited by CinderAbby; 01-07-2022, 09:02 AM.
      Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

It snowed over night. The ground is covered with about 1".. The temp is in the 20's. Normal January day.
        My trips:
        1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

We have had 1-6 inches of snow almost every day this week. Today we are supposed to be in the 30-40's and only a small blip of showers this afternoon.
          Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

It's currently 28 degrees and sunny. We got about 2" of snow overnight so not really worth getting the snow blower out but I'm going to go out and shovel (actually just use the shovel to push the snow off of) the driveway so it doesn't turn to ice tonight. It's also going to get windy this afternoon so I want to get finished before it's gets too cold outside.
            WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

We have a dusting of snow here and it’s been very cold the last 2 days. It’s 16 right now. I haven’t been out of the house since Monday. It’s supposed to go up to 37 tomorrow so I plan on getting some errands done.
              CINDY

Comment

Blue skies, sunshine, 74 degrees. (Sorry!) I wish we could trade for a few days!

Comment

I've seen the photos of all the snow from my friends in the States. Today has been a beautiful sunny day, not too cold either, compared to yesterday, which was freezing!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post
                    Good Friday, everyone!

What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?

We’ve had our first winter storm. The worst is the frigid temperature, which this morning is a brisk 20F. We do have some icy patches on the roads this morning, but it’s passable to drive with caution. Joel and I both went to work.
                    I would thank heaven for 20 degrees. We have had negative 5 to negative 20 for the past week. I'm over it.
                    Fortunately in my immediate area we have not had winds or snow. 45-50 miles north of me, they got HAMMERED by wind for 3 days and are in recovery mode right now with another potential wind storm tonight and tomorrow. Even farther north (in Fairbanks) they are being hounded by wind and snow.
                    So I guess I should count my blessings and be happy it's just cold.

Comment

We got 4 inches of snow over night and right now it is in the low 20's and very, very windy. Not my favorite weather!
                      Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

We got 4 inches of snow yesterday and the temperatures plummeted with a low before zero last night. When I got up at 7:15 this morning, the temperature was 6 degrees with a real feel of -4. It only warmed up to 18 degrees, but at least, the sun was out all day.
                        Cam
                        29 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

This morning we had 3°, with a wind chill below zero. We have not had snow. -although just about everywhere around us has! I love the snow and hope we get some soon.

Comment

it snowed overnight, so we now have about 4". And it is cold.
                            That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                            WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club

Comment

Well, we warmed up around 20 plus degrees.
                              It was 14 this morning! Not necessarily a heat wave, but darn near feels like it after the past few weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X