Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 1/12/22

Happy Disney Wednesday!

When planning a Disney trip, how often do you change your mind about any element of the trip? For me, I almost always change my mind about something, typically resort. I’ll think we want one thing, and then a better deal comes along and I take it. Sometimes, I also change the number of days for the trip. I have also changed dining ideas many times.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021

I think I plan just to force myself to be flexible🤪. I planned alot with our family trips, but now not so much. The driving trip takes some planning as well as all the food we take. There are so many variables once we arrive in Orlando which I try to build in my plan. Sometimes our dinner reservations were the pivot point for the whole day.

I love to plan, keep notes, research. So its not just WDW I plan out.

Comment

The only thing I might change is where we eat, depending on reservation availability.
      That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
      WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club

Comment

I don't really make any major changes -- we pick the dates, decide on the resort, and make the reservation. We usually only do one or two table service meals during our stay (sometimes none). As far as touring plans, we choose what park we're going to months in advance (thanks to needing to make park reservations and previously FP+) and usually stick with that original plan. We decide on a few "must do" rides at each park and just wing it from there. There's not a whole lot to change as our plans are usually relatively fluid.
        allgiggles
        Earning My Pixie Wings
        Last edited by allgiggles; 01-12-2022, 07:11 AM.
        WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

I don’t plan too many things period so there’s not much to change. Value resort is the only thing we can afford anymore and we always stay at Pop and we usually only do 1 ADR. We go with the flow in the parks and now that you have to make park reservations, once those are made I stick with them. I don’t like planning every minute of our trips.
          CINDY

Comment

Once the plans are in place, I tend not to change them very much.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

When I was making plans, usually once we decided on a plan, it was done. Now that my DD is planning the vacation.....she makes lots of changes....even up to the week we go...if possible.

Comment

I have no idea. Changes are made based whims, Disney, money, and my pixies plans.

Comment

We rarely change our minds about resorts. We used to change our minds about which park to visit each day - but no more, with park reservations required. We may change our minds about restaurants, and that may necessitate a change of venue, so we still get park hoppers.

Comment

I don't change my mind too often once our plans our in place. I may change a restaurant or two, but that is the extent of it.
                    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Once we make our plans, we stick with it. It's a hassle to start making changes.

Comment

We may change some minor things, but we basically decide on resort, food, parks, and then stick with them.
                        Cam
                        29 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I usually stick with the resort. It's the dining and what days in which parks I may alter a bit.
                          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                          X