Well Darn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Darn!

DH tested positive this morning for Covid. We’re both vaccinated and have had our boosters. His symptoms started Monday and he took a test the next day but it was negative. This morning’s test was positive. Fortunately his symptoms are fairly mild. So far so good for me. His twin brother started with symptoms about the same time. He’s getting tested today. He’s pretty sure he’s going to be positive too. Unfortunately he has still been having to stay the night with their elderly mother. He’s been wearing a mask but she won’t keep hers on. DH will have to stay with her Friday and Saturday night. It’s ridiculous but there is no one else that can do it and she refuses any outside help. I don’t know what we’re going to do with her.
    CINDY

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully, your husband and anyone else in the family that has covid or gets it gets over it quickly and with no long term symptoms/effects. The pixies are on their way. This time I'm pretty sure they've got a gross of electric eels, a 500 pound meatloaf, and a parade float made out of spam and chocolate covered cherries. And I think I heard something about picking up some penguins and rum on their way to you. I have no idea what they're thinking or planning and have given up trying to figure it out. So, be warned and prepared for anything and everything. Because, I really don't want to think about the havoc drunk pixies and drunk penguins could wreak.

Comment

I am sorry for you all. Prayers and Pixies that your DH and his brother are well again quickly!
      Cam
      29 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this and hopefully the symptoms will remain mild for both your DH and his brother.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Sadly this variant is soooo contagious that everyone your husband and his brother have been in contact with will likely test positive so be sure to test again in a few days and definitely have them test your MIL in a day or two. I hope everyone's symptoms stay mild. When Covid first started, I kept a list of all of our friends/family members who tested positive. Up until the beginning of December I had about 40 people on that list. Now the list is at 65. It's crazy. And many of the people added to the list in the last month are vaccinated and boosted. I wish we had started wearing our N95 masks sooner. We had them but we saved them for high risk situations. Now I wear one all the time (even though we all just had Covid over the holidays). Ironically (or maybe not so ironically), our 21 yo DD has been wearing N95 masks for the last 2 months because she's out in public a lot and she started wearing on in the house when her sister started showing symptoms. She's the only one in this house who didn't get Covid over the holidays. I probably won't wear any other kind of mask anymore (assuming I can get them at a reasonable price. I went to order more yesterday and they doubled in price since last week!) Pixies for everyone's health and sanity!
          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

Sorry to hear about the positive Covid test(s). Many pixies that every does as well as possible and that you stay negative.
            Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021

Comment

I’m sorry. sending get well (and stay well) pixies. This illness is just awful.

Comment

Oh, my! I'm so sorry. Sending pixies that all affected continue with mild symptoms and that MiL doesn't get terribly sick.
                11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

I'm so sorry. Especially that the brothers cannot get a reprieve and rest. Sad that their mother won't allow others to help out and won't put on a mask to protect herself and others. I hope everyone involved takes care and has very mild symptoms.

Comment

Hope everyone recovers well. Glad symptoms are mild.
                    Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                    WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                    X