No announcement yet.

We thought it wouldn't happen - COVID!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We thought it wouldn't happen - COVID!!

DD Lauren had a co-worker come to work knowing she had COVID (she's in training and they don't get any sick leave in the first 3 months, so I can understand not wanting to call in sick - she has 4 kids). Anyway, Lauren has had a cough, etc for. a few days and DH and I have been feeling a little under the weather for the last couple of days. We all thought it was just sinus infections or at the worse, a winter cold, after all, we are all vaccinated and boosted!
    Lauren had to be tested because of work. She's positive. DH and I have to wait a while for our results. The worry we all have is the grand baby. He's starting to show signs. I'm sure we'll all be fine, but pixies for the grandson would be great! And for DD - she's in her first trimester of grand baby #2.

Oh, I am so sorry. This omicron is really hitting everyone, it seems. Sending pixies that all of you have mild cases and that the little one stays healthy.
    11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Oh no. Hope everyone has a mild case with no long term issues and is better very soon. The pixies are coming and I have no idea what to think. They've got one of those giant wood chippers that are used for trees, three tons of kiwis, and they've kidnapped the eleven drummers who have been drumming nonstop for decades now.

Comment

I am so sorry for you all! Prayers and pixies for all of you, and especially your grandson!
        Cam
        29 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Oh no. I hope whoever ends up getting it has a mild case.

Comment

Sorry to hear that and I hope you escape it and if you do test positive, it's just a very mild case.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I'm so sorry Covid found it's way in to your home/family. We dealt with it over the holidays in this house. Thanks to vaccines and boosters we all had mild cases. Our DS, DDIL (36 weeks pg), and 4 yo DGD are just getting over it at their house (DDIL brought it home from the pediatric office she works at). DH & DDIL's cases were a bit worse than ours but only lasted about 5-6 days (they're vaccinated). DGD just ran a low fever for 12 hours and had a very mild cough for a few days. Sending pixies that all of your cases are mild.
              allgiggles
              Earning My Pixie Wings
              Last edited by allgiggles; 01-14-2022, 04:09 AM.
              WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                Oh no. Hope everyone has a mild case with no long term issues and is better very soon. The pixies are coming and I have no idea what to think. They've got one of those giant wood chippers that are used for trees, three tons of kiwis, and they've kidnapped the eleven drummers who have been drumming nonstop for decades now.
                Thank you! I have a feeling your pixies are just COVID exhausted at this point! I do love the kiwis, so that's great! (Since I can't go to the grocery and unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary, I'm NOT paying for delivered groceries).
                They could take the drummers back, though, as my major symptom has been a killer headache for a while.

Comment

Wishing everyone the best. DH lost his sense of smell and taste today. His brother is still coughing and hacking and his wife who also tested positive is now vomiting. I never tested. If I do have it then it’s really mild cause I feel fine.
                  CINDY

Comment

I’m so sorry to read this. I hope everyone feels better soon.

So many people I know have Covid. Being a teacher in a school with no mask mandate, teachers and students are dropping like flies. In one of my classes this week, I had 8 students absent, which is just crazy. My sister and niece just tested positive. I truly believe I will get it, it’s just a matter of time. Who knows, maybe I had it but was asymptomatic.
                    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

So sorry to hear this and hope everyone has a full and speedy recovery.
                      Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                      WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                      X