I Need Pixies Updated in Post #38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Pixies Updated in Post #38

About a month ago I developed a ringing in my left ear that has progressively gotten worse. I went to my PCP a couple of weeks ago. She felt it was sinus related because both my ears were clear. She recommended changing my allergy medication because I had been on the same medication for 30+ years and prescribed a nasal spray. Those have not changed the ringing at all, and as I've said it has gotten worse. On Friday I called an ENT recommended by my doctor nephew and left a voice message as requested. The office closed at noon, so I did not hear back from them. I am praying that I hear from them tomorrow because I'm at my wit's end. I get a degree of relief outside and in stores, church, and restaurants. I think there is so much ambient noise that it masks the high-pitched squeal in my head. Unfortunately, I hear in even in my sleep as it works its way into my dreams. I am beyond ready for some quiet and peace as this goes on 24/7. Thanks for any and all pixies!
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Oh, I'm so sorry! I have had tinnitus for years and it can really be maddening at times. There are times I don't notice it. Hopefully, they can figure something out. My sister's was relieved by the use of hearing aids (hers are bluetooth enabled and now she doesn't answer her phone, she answers her ear)

Comment

Oh no, that's horrible. I hope you get some relief from it soon!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

That sounds awful Cam! Sending prayers and pixies that you get some relief soon.
        ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL, 2019 - BLT, 2021 - BWV, 2022 - BLT

Comment

Yuck! I hope you get relief sooner rather than later.
          Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021, Disneyland June 2022

Comment

I do hope the ENT can prescribe something that helps.

Upon needing hearing aids, I asked about tinnitus relief as I've had a hiss in one ear for decades. Unfortunately, the audiologist said hearing aids can only be programmed to do what you've discovered ambient noise does--provide enough distraction that you don't notice the tinnitus as much. There's a point of no return, she added, at which a person would need noise so loud it'd damage your hearing.

Consequently, I doubt hearing aids could help you, sorry to say, but certainly hope you can get some relief by other means.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2021--PVV/VGF; WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// Drew to WDW several times in the 70's/1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Sending pixies your way! I’m in the midst of diagnosis of possible Meniere’s (no dizziness and my sound is a whooshing not the high pitched one). I hope you are able to find relief quickly.

Comment

Sending tons of pixies.....hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa View Post
                  Oh, I'm so sorry! I have had tinnitus for years and it can really be maddening at times. There are times I don't notice it. Hopefully, they can figure something out. My sister's was relieved by the use of hearing aids (hers are bluetooth enabled and now she doesn't answer her phone, she answers her ear)
                  Mine has gotten worse over the past two weeks, and at times makes me very agitated. Weirdly, when I sit down on our couch, the sound gets louder and louder.
                  Cam
                  29 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by graygables View Post
                    Sending pixies your way! I’m in the midst of diagnosis of possible Meniere’s (no dizziness and my sound is a whooshing not the high pitched one). I hope you are able to find relief quickly.
                    I had the whooshing sort about 25 years ago. That eventually went away, but this time I get very dizzy and even nauseous when I move quickly certain ways.
                    Cam
                    29 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Hope you’re able to get some relief soon!
                      CINDY

Comment

Thanks! I've let a second message for the ENT office. And now I'm waiting (maybe not so patiently) for them to get back with me.
                        Cam
                        29 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Oh, that sounds terrible. I hope you hear back soon from the ENT and he/she can see you soon and provide some relief.
                          11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Ears can do very weird things.

Drew had dizziness for a month or so last year. PCP said he thought it was the crystals in the ear that regulate balance. If those shift around (or something), it can cause significant dizziness. Recommended physical therapy assessment of all things.

I said, "HUH? Physical therapy for THAT?"

PT did that, thought the six sessions ordered might fix it if he needed that many even.

Did one session, and he was fine! It definitely moved those ear crystal thingies back into place.

Sure do hope something simple like that may fix you up, Cam.
                            “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2021--PVV/VGF; WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// Drew to WDW several times in the 70's/1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Ugh. I hope the ENT gets back to you soon and that they're able to get you some relief quickly! Have you considered trying a chiropractor while you're waiting for the ENT appointment? I'm not necessarily a "chiropractor can fix everything" person, but mine has definitely helped relieve the ringing in my ears a few times over the years. It's worth a shot...can't hurt, might help....if you're comfortable with chiropractic care.
                              WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

Working...
                              X