Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 9/21/22

Happy Disney Wednesday!

What’s the first wonderful Disney memory that comes to mind?

Mine is the first time Joel met Woody and Buzz at DHS, back then still known as MGM Studios. He was five years old and so happy to meet his Toy Story pals!
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021, Disneyland June 2022

When DD2 took her first steps at the DLR train station. Then she fell asleep and DD1 met Pooh Bear for the first time (this was back before queuing) and she had the sweetest smile.

Comment

Getting to finally meet Cheryl and Mark at Disneyland and Cam and Luke at Disney World in 2019. It was so wonderful to actually meet them in real life after having known them online for over ten years.

Comment

My first time at WDW on our honeymoon in 1981 when I was 19. My family never went anywhere on vacations so it was the first time I had ever been anywhere. I had grown up watching The Wonderful World of Disney but I don’t think it ever clicked that it was a real place that you could go to. DH had been to WDW a few times and it was his suggestion. It was only the Magic Kingdom back then but I was awestruck. Been hooked ever since.
        CINDY

Comment

The first trip to Disney World for my mother and niece. They loved it! We had a character breakfast at The Land with Chip 'n' Dale. It it still one of my favorites to this day, next to Aladdin and Pocahontas at MGM's Soundstage Restaurant (I miss that place!) The food was delicious and plentiful. My favorite Disney picture is of my mother and niece with Chip 'n' Dale.
          That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
          WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club - Sept 2022 AKL

Comment

Our first trip to WDW was to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was WDW's 25th anniversary celebration, also. It was a special time to see WDW for the first time.
            My most cherished memory was seeing Cinderella's castle in person. I, also, grew up watching the Wonderful World of Disney and seeing it in person brought a tear to my eyes. It still does.

Comment

I was around 6 or 7 when my dad attended a teachers' conference in Louisville where they had movie theaters. They took me and my middle sister to see Bambi. I was in awe.
              Cam
              29 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

The first wonderful memory I have of Disney in general was going to see The Love Bug in the movie theater when I was 4. It was the first movie I remember going to though my baby book indicates the first one I went to was Jungle Book when I was 3. And my first wonderful Disney World memory was taking the ferry across the lagoon to Magic Kingdom. I was 14.
                WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                  Getting to finally meet Cheryl and Mark at Disneyland and Cam and Luke at Disney World in 2019. It was so wonderful to actually meet them in real life after having known them online for over ten years.
                  Oh bless you - that is so sweet!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Mine is coming out of seeing Captain Eo in Epcot when I was 14. I was on my second visit with my parents (I don't have many memories of my first visit when I was seven) and I remember it was a beautiful Florida night. I stood there, looking out at Epcot, thinking how much I wanted to come back and what a lovely place it was. I think that was maybe the first time I saw Disney World as "home".

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Working...
                    X