Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 1/24/23

Good Tuesday, everyone!

Do you eat seafood? Do you have a favorite seafood dish? Is there a seafood you don’t want to try?

I do eat seafood, but I don’t think I have a favorite. I like a variety of seafood. I wouldn’t be enthusiastic about trying octopus or squid.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021, Disneyland June 2022

I used to, and quite a variety. But after my transplant, I had food protocols to follow. I could not eat shellfish or shrimp. That really made me look at seafood differently. Now, I don’t eat fish of any kind , including farm raised. The high amount of plastics and petroleum oil in seafood is a real turnoff.

Comment

I do eat seafood. The only one I won't try is octopus. I have tried squid and did not like it. I love fried clams and scallops.....but clam chowder comes in very close.

Comment

I do like seafood and generally have it when dining out since I don’t like making it at home. Calamari is one of my favorites, along with the shrimp papardelle dish at La Trattoria at Boardwalk. SO good. I also love scallops (Big Fire at Citywalk’s are amazing). I don’t care for clams or mussels. Or whole fish. Ew.

looking forward to trying my first soft shell crab at Festival of the Arts today!

Comment

I don't like fish.
          My trips:
          1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

I like seafood. My favorites are crab meat and crayfish. Octopus, squid, calamari and oysters are a definite no.
            That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
            WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club - Sept 2022 AKL

Comment

I love seafood. It’s my absolute favorite thing to eat. We have it at least once a week at home. I have quite a selection in the freezer of shrimp, salmon, mahi mahi, cod, and flounder. Shrimp and scallops are my favorites. I think I’d be willing to try anything as long as it’s in fillet form and not a whole fish or something.
              CINDY

Comment

Yes… I love fish. Had salmon yesterday.
                Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

I don't eat seafood. I've tried several types, but haven't found any that I like.
                  WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1 ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶: June 2022 AoA Lion King

Comment

I absolutely love seafood. My favourite is probably prawn, although then again, lobster, crab come close too...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

HALIBUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best fish ever!!!
                      Also, like other white fish, but halibut beats them all hands down.

I also like salmon. However, I'm a bit spoiled.
                      We have access to wild caught salmon...Copper River Reds to be exact.
                      Best salmon on the planet!!!

The rest of it...I can pretty much leave alone.

Comment

• BriarRose4
                        BriarRose4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My cousins live in Alaska and have a fish wheel on their property. When my mother and brother visited, they were sent home with coolers of fresh and smoked salmon and caribou steaks and sausage. It was quite a sight to see those coolers coming down the baggage carousel in Newark Airport. Hands down the best salmon I ever tasted!

• jenifermg0
                        jenifermg0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BriarRose - a fish wheel is how we get our Copper River Reds. A friend of ours helps a fish wheel owner with his wheel every summer and is gifted a bunch of salmon and then he shares with us. None of it goes to waste!

I'm not a big seafood eater. I do love shrimp, and enjoy salmon when properly prepared. I refuse to touch oysters.
                      11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

No. And, my great grandfather (mom's maternal grandfather) is probably having a fit in his urn. He was a Norwegian fisherman with his own boat and crew, who thought salmon was appropriate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Comment

I only eat shrimp as I don't like any other seafood, and I don't even eat shrimp that often.
                          Cam
                          29 Trips to WDW
                          2 Trips to DLR
                          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I like seafood. My favorites are shrimp, crab, haddock, and salmon.
                            Louise

2022 ~ POP; 2021 ~ BC/Poly; 2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ POP/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Working...
                            X