Question of the Day 3/19/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day 3/19/19

It looks like spring has finally sprung around here, and I for one am quite glad to bid adieu to winter. Do you have a season that you just enjoy more than the others? One that you don't?

As I get older, I find that summer is actually my favorite. Yes, it's hot around here, but the older I get, the less I like being cold. I can get into the a/c to cool off during summer, but I don't even really like the feeling of a chill in the air anymore. Winter is definitely my least favorite. I'd be happy if I never saw another snowflake.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

I’m with you. I love summer! Love hanging out at the pool listening to classic rock enjoying a cold beverage. I absolutely hate winter! I’m so glad it’s almost over although here in northern Ohio we know that just because it’s technically Spring, it’s still March and anything can happen. In fact we usually get one final snow storm in April with the heavy wet snow that usually melts away the next day, but then we’ll be in the clear. 😊
    CINDY

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
    1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
    Granddaughter’s 1st trip-September 20-26, 2020!🥳
    11 Weeks till WDW!!! Woohoo!!😁

Comment

L live for spring and summer. Even in the heat and humidity of the Orlando area. Summer brings on early morning lawn mowing, or it becomes unbearable.
      Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I just love the changing of the colors. Winter is at the bottom of my list...too cold and the people around here cannot drive in the snow!
        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

• manticorjenn
          manticorjenn commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you on people not being able to drive in snow. In our most recent storm we had two multicar pile ups at or near the interstate off ramp because people slammed on their brakes on ice and no one else could stop and were not paying attention to their surroundings.

Spring is my favorite, winter is my least favorite...in fact, I loathe it. I enjoy Fall, but I know it leads to winter. Summer is...meh...I don't like the heat and humidity but I love that there is no chance of snow or ice.
        WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King

Comment

Sorry, but I hate the summer. I hate the heat, the sweat, the bugs, just everything. My favorite season is fall when the leaves turn beautiful colors and the air gets a little chill to it.

Comment

My favorite season is fall followed by winter. I love how everything looks after a snowtorm.
            My trips:
            1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

My favorite time of the year is summer. However, in Bozeman, Montana that consists of maybe 3 to 5 weeks of time. Otherwise we are spring snow to rain or fall rain to snow.
              Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Favorite is probably Spring and especially once we get into May with the trees and blossoms of the dogwoods in bloom. The temps are better as well and like the longer days. I like summer too but not when it's too humid. I'd take a 90 degree day anytime over one in the 30's. Winter is my least favorite for sure as I hate the cold. I like the snow falling during a storm and the day after one until it turns to a yucky mess!
                Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

My favorite has always been fall, but spring is a very close second. I do like all four seasons, but I would prefer a little less hot and humid days in the summer. Winter would be nice if it lasted only through the end of January.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Summer is my favorite! I love the heat and enjoy wearing shorts and t-shirts. I can’t stand winter.

Comment

I love Summer! I love the warm weather and the flowers blooming, and people cutting their grass. Butterflies and birds chirping and hearing the cicadas and crickets at night. Having the windows open during the night, and feeling the warm breeze come in as I sleep! Wearing sandals and shorts. Winter is my least favorite season- I hate being cold!
                      1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn, 2018 All Star Music with the Heidke Family!

Comment

Mid to late Sring through early fall are my favorites. I do not like winter.

Comment

There isn't much difference between seasons here, but my favorite is "winter"as the temperature are a tiny bit cooler.
                          "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC)

Comment

Working...
                          X