Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jungle Cruise... the movie!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jungle Cruise... the movie!

    I just found out about this. Apparently it will be based on the Disney ride and it stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt and Jack Whitehall. It could be interesting, but it could also be dire... I'm on the fence about the idea of it right now.

    Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

  • #2
    Oh good grief!! They've hit bottom and are now digging for movie ideas. How are they going to make a 10 minute long ride in to a feature length movie? As much as I love the ride I'll be skipping the movie if it ever happens.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had seen something on this, but I couldn't remember where. Here is a link to a teaser for it.

      Jungle Cruise Teaser
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by revral View Post
        Oh good grief!! They've hit bottom and are now digging for movie ideas. How are they going to make a 10 minute long ride in to a feature length movie? As much as I love the ride I'll be skipping the movie if it ever happens.
        Thinking about it though, they have a history of this... they did one for the Haunted Mansion and of course we had the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. That spawned how many movies?!

        Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
          I had seen something on this, but I couldn't remember where. Here is a link to a teaser for it.

          Jungle Cruise Teaser
          Thanks for sharing that. Not sure what to think after having seen it though...

          Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chezp View Post

            Thinking about it though, they have a history of this... they did one for the Haunted Mansion and of course we had the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. That spawned how many movies?!
            True. I never saw the Haunted Mansion movie. But at least with Pirates there's the whole pirate thing and a story to it. I just don't see enough of a story in The Jungle Cruise for a movie. I could be wrong because I've definitely been wrong before and I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
              I had seen something on this, but I couldn't remember where. Here is a link to a teaser for it.

              Jungle Cruise Teaser
              I love The Rock...I would definitely see it.
              That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
              WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

              Comment


              • #8
                This just sounds like they have hit bottom and can't think of anything new. Walt would be so disappointed that his people can no longer think out of the box and come up with original ideas for movies.
                Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

                WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

                Comment


                • #9
                  Love Emily Blunt and The Rock. I think it looks like it’ll be fun to watch.
                  CINDY

                  18 Trips to WDW and counting!!😊
                  Granddaughters’ 1st trip to WDW-August 30-September 5, 2020!🥳

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chezp View Post

                    Thanks for sharing that. Not sure what to think after having seen it though...
                    You reminded me that I had seen that somewhere (still can't remember), and it left me more puzzled than anything else.
                    Speaking of The Haunted Mansion movie, I thought it was okay, but it was one of Stefanie's favorites, possibly because that was also one of her favorite rides.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BriarRose4 View Post

                      I love The Rock...I would definitely see it.
                      I think we would watch (I like the Rock, too), but maybe not at the movie theater.
                      Cam
                      27 Trips to WDW
                      2 Trips to DLR
                      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There is no originality in movies any more. Between remakes and sequels. Not sure about this one with The Rock in the movie, may just be an action movie centered around the Jungle Cruise.
                        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
                          This just sounds like they have hit bottom and can't think of anything new. Walt would be so disappointed that his people can no longer think out of the box and come up with original ideas for movies.
                          I do find this worrying. It's been a long time now since there was anything original. I can't think of anything beyond Frozen and I dread to think how many years ago that came out now - probably at least five or six years now...

                          Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

                            I think we would watch (I like the Rock, too), but maybe not at the movie theater.
                            That's what I'm thinking. I don't think it's one we'd make a trip out to the cinema to see it.

                            Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X