Hair Ties Not Just For Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Ties Not Just For Hair

I got some soft stretchy fabric hair ties from Dollar Tree and discovered a great non hair related use for them. I put one on each roll of Cricut vinyl to keep it in a roll. This would also work for wrapping paper. I just got some more and got the solid black ones and the striped ones. I'll put the black ones on the permanent vinyl rolls and the striped on the removable vinyl rolls. This is a cheap easy way to keep those rolls rolled without denting the vinyl.

What a great idea for using the hair ties! Smart, too!
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
      What a great idea for using the hair ties! Smart, too!
      Thanks. I love how cheap and easy to get they are and they work really well. And if you already use them this would be a great way to re-purpose the older ones that are too stretched out to be used in your hair.

Comment

That's a cool - and inexpensive - idea. Better than the tape I put on my wrapping paper
        Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

I use plain elastic band ones to keep kitchen tongs from spreading in my utensil drawer. Makes grabbing tongs so much easier.

The band slides right off into a small plastic box in the drawer. Automatic put-away for when the tongs are washed and ready to go back to the drawer.
          “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Neat idea!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I have used this trick before with my students. Back when I used to teach 6th grade, students had to make a "Get to Know You" pennant to hang in the hall for Back to School Night. Students would trace the pennant on oak tag and then take it home to decorate it and eventually cut it out. I'd use hair ties to roll up the oak tag and it worked beautifully!
              Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Working...
              X