New Universal theme park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Universal theme park

I think this may have been one of the worst kept secrets ever, as lots of people were speculating last week that Universal would announce this and, sure enough, they'll be building a third theme park. The details are very sketchy, but what surprised me is its location and the fact t won't be next to the rest of the complex.
    Universal just announced an epic new park for Orlando, Florida -- Universal's Epic Universe. Learn more about this new park and see concept art here.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Luke had just mentioned all this to me, except for the fact that it won't be located with the other parks. That seems kind of weird, but I don't really know how much room they have left at US/IOA. Orlando has become the theme park mecca of the world.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
      Luke had just mentioned all this to me, except for the fact that it won't be located with the other parks. That seems kind of weird, but I don't really know how much room they have left at US/IOA. Orlando has become the theme park mecca of the world.
      It certainly has! I'm guessing they just didn't have sufficient room left next to the other parks, which is why they're building elsewhere, but it's just so far out... it doesn't seem to be linked to their existing property in any way. Even if they provide transportation, it looks as if it would be along regular roads, which would spoil things for me, if that makes sense?

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post

It certainly has! I'm guessing they just didn't have sufficient room left next to the other parks, which is why they're building elsewhere, but it's just so far out... it doesn't seem to be linked to their existing property in any way. Even if they provide transportation, it looks as if it would be along regular roads, which would spoil things for me, if that makes sense?
        Yes, that makes perfect sense - it’s like you’re leaving the Universal bubble to get to the new park.

We aren’t Universal people so I don’t care one way or the other, but any new park is exciting!
        Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

I’m sure, whatever this becomes, Joel will be interested!
          Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
            We aren’t Universal people so I don’t care one way or the other, but any new park is exciting!
            That's a nice way to sum it up. I'm excited for any new park, although we only visit Universal very rarely. We're not coaster/thrill ride people and, once you take those out, we find there's very little for us in those parks to enjoy.

Comment

I'm not a Universal fan, but this is great for those who are!
              That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
              WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

I'm looking forward to this as I enjoy Universal very much. Should be interesting to see it develop and what the new park will have. I know it has a space them to it. Too bad it won't be next to the other two parks and it will be like at WDW using the transportation system to get there.
                Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Universal doesn’t really have a bubble with the opening of the new value resorts. Those are about midway between UO/IOA and the new Epic park. It took me 15min from my office door (almost adjacent to the new park) to my hotel room in Hard Rock (timed it this week when we stayed), so it won’t be a long ride. There’s been a lot of road work happening in the area, seeming to prepare.

Comment

I really don't know how I feel about this, since they didn't reveal the concept of the park. With it being away from the other parks, I can see it being a bit tricky for those that like to park hop. I know they'll have busses, but it's not like Disney that has it's own roads. I anticipate a bit of traffic getting from the original parks to this new one.
                    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Originally posted by MayraLR View Post
                      I really don't know how I feel about this, since they didn't reveal the concept of the park. With it being away from the other parks, I can see it being a bit tricky for those that like to park hop. I know they'll have busses, but it's not like Disney that has it's own roads. I anticipate a bit of traffic getting from the original parks to this new one.
                      I suppose it's like getting to their water park Volcano Bay as it's away from the others as well.
                      Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                      WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                      X