Owensboro food ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owensboro food ideas

I thought someone on here lived in or near Owensboro, KY.

We are going to be down in Evansville, IN in a few weeks for a hockey tournament. One of the days we have to go to The Edge Ice Rink for a game in Owensboro.

I'm looking for some restaurant ideas. I saw there was a Zaxby's. I have heard of it, but have never eaten there. So, I don't know if it is any good or not. Thought it might be a good lunch stop?

Would also like some local places to try, as we get tired of the chain places. We like Mexican, Italian, and barbeque. Any favorite haunts you can suggest would be great.

Also trying to decide about the Bluegrass Museum. It looked interesting, but wasn't sure if it is worth the money?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael

I think Cam lives in or around this area. Hope she can help you with this!
    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

I do live in Owensboro, KY. Zaxby's is a great lunch spot. Luke loves their spicy chicken sandwich while I'm a fan of their chicken salad sandwich or Caesar chicken salad.
      As far as local places, our favorite Mexican place is Real Hacienda, which is just down the road from Zaxby's. The food is great and the servers are awesome. I love the chicken chimichanga.
      We only have one local Italian place that I can think of right off. It is Niko's and is quite pricey. We've never eaten there but have heard really good comments about it from others.
      Owensboro has labeled itself the International BBQ Capital of the World, so we do have quite a few local barbecue places. Our two favorites are Old Hickory and Moonlight, both having buffets which are currently closed but they do have menu items.
      One other local restaurant is Briar Patch, a steak house with typical American food.
      Cam
      28 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Cam,

Thank you for getting back! I couldn't remember who was from around there.

We are excited to get down in that area, as we have never been.

I were excited to see Zaxby's as we have heard good things, and wanted to try it. They all sound like good choices, so it sounds like it will be hard to choose.

I will look into the Real Hacienda place, and the BBQ places. I'll have to see which sounds better to my son. I'm thinking he will choose the Mexican, but we'll see.

Thanks for the recommendations!!
        Michael
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
          Cam,

Thank you for getting back! I couldn't remember who was from around there.

We are excited to get down in that area, as we have never been.

I were excited to see Zaxby's as we have heard good things, and wanted to try it. They all sound like good choices, so it sounds like it will be hard to choose.

I will look into the Real Hacienda place, and the BBQ places. I'll have to see which sounds better to my son. I'm thinking he will choose the Mexican, but we'll see.

Thanks for the recommendations!!
          Michael
          We love Real Hacienda so much we go every Friday night. During the lockdown, we ordered online and picked it up. Hope you have a great meal wherever you decide to eat! Good luck to your son in his hockey match, too.
          Cam
          28 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Well the tournament group changed the schedule a couple of days before the beginning. They took out the trip to the rink in Owensboro. My son and I went to visit the Bluegrass Museum anyway. The downtown part of Owensboro is so nice. We walked along the river path for a bit waiting for the museum to open. We also went to Panther Creek Park to walk around the raised paths there. The Bluegrass museum wasn't what I was hoping for, so it was a bit of a disappointment but glad we got to see it.

We did get to eat at Zaxby's in Evansville, but did not make it to the Real Hacienda place. I have noted it, so if/when we make it back down there we will try it.

Also, son's team won the tournament! He also got MVP! One of the games he was 1:30 from having a shut-out in goal. (for you non-hockey people, that means he blocked every puck that came at him but the one.)

Thanks again for the ideas and we really liked Owensboro!

Michael
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
              Well the tournament group changed the schedule a couple of days before the beginning. They took out the trip to the rink in Owensboro. My son and I went to visit the Bluegrass Museum anyway. The downtown part of Owensboro is so nice. We walked along the river path for a bit waiting for the museum to open. We also went to Panther Creek Park to walk around the raised paths there. The Bluegrass museum wasn't what I was hoping for, so it was a bit of a disappointment but glad we got to see it.

We did get to eat at Zaxby's in Evansville, but did not make it to the Real Hacienda place. I have noted it, so if/when we make it back down there we will try it.

Also, son's team won the tournament! He also got MVP! One of the games he was 1:30 from having a shut-out in goal. (for you non-hockey people, that means he blocked every puck that came at him but the one.)

Thanks again for the ideas and we really liked Owensboro!

Michael
              Congrats to your son and his team!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Congratulations to your sons team and to your son. Shut outs or near shut outs are impressive and hard to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                X