Quicksilver Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicksilver Questions

Joel and I will be flying into Sanford airport on May 9. We need transportation to and from our Universal hotel. I recall that Quicksilver has an excellent reputation and am certainly willing to do a towncar for the two of us. How far in advance should I book? More importantly, how much should I tip our driver? I am so used to driving myself, this is new territory for me.
    Last edited by joelsmom; 03-29-2021, 08:19 AM.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

We had excellent service from them in 2015 for my parents' anniversary trip. I would suggest contacting them now to get a quote and then if you are comfortable with the price go ahead and book. When we used them I tipped $5/person both from Disney to Universal and then from Universal back to Disney as the driver was very friendly, prompt and a safe driver. I also did this amount because he wasn't handling any luggage. If we had brought bags with us I would have tipped more.
    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Not sure on the tipping question as DH always takes care of it. While we haven't been to Disney since January 2020, I just wanted to say that we use Quicksilver whenever we go to Disney. We usually book them 2 to 3 months before we go. We also always take advantage of the 30 minute stop they will give you if you want to pick up water, snacks etc. at the grocery store.

Comment

I book as soon as I know I will be using them so if you're ready now, I would book now. As for tipping, I usually tip for them like I do for restaurants - 20% (for RT, I would do 20% of half the total cost)- but with everything we need to take, they help us deal with quite a few bags.
        Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

We use to always use Quicksilver until about 10 years ago when we started using DME. Always had great service. No complaints. I would book now. We always gave the driver $10 each way.
          CINDY

Comment

Okay, thanks to everyone who chimed in. The rate from Sanford airport is $220 round trip, so $20 each way would be nearly 20%. I think an even $20 seems good to me, so I’ll just take a couple of extra $20 bills earmarked for the tip. I will book online tomorrow, I think. Thanks again.
            Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

I thought this quick follow up might be in order. When I reserved our service with Quicksilver, my confirmation email detailed how payment would be made, and it includes a 20% tip, not optional. I would’ve paid essentially that anyway, but now I don’t have an option. I’m curious. Do any of you take issue with a company including a mandatory tip? I don’t remember seeing it on their website, but I could’ve overlooked it. Once I got the confirmation, I tried looking again, but their website seems to be having issues.

ETA: I was able to look back at the Quicksilver website, and all it says on the reservations page is that prices include all charges, fees, (and so forth) except driver tip. They do not explicitly state that the tip will be added into the total. I think maybe they should clear that up., but as I said I would’ve paid near 20% anyway, so it won’t matter monetarily to me. It’s just that the tip is rolled into my payment that is due and payable when they drop us off at our hotel (the end of the first leg of transportation).
              Last edited by joelsmom; 04-08-2021, 05:04 AM.
              Susan

Comment

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post
                I thought this quick follow up might be in order. When I reserved our service with Quicksilver, my confirmation email detailed how payment would be made, and it includes a 20% tip, not optional. I would’ve paid essentially that anyway, but now I don’t have an option. I’m curious. Do any of you take issue with a company including a mandatory tip? I don’t remember seeing it on their website, but I could’ve overlooked it. Once I got the confirmation, I tried looking again, but their website seems to be having issues.

ETA: I was able to look back at the Quicksilver website, and all it says on the reservations page is that prices include all charges, fees, (and so forth) except driver tip. They do not explicitly state that the tip will be added into the total. I think maybe they should clear that up., but as I said I would’ve paid near 20% anyway, so it won’t matter monetarily to me. It’s just that the tip is rolled into my payment that is due and payable when they drop us off at our hotel (the end of the first leg of transportation).
                I think it would be good policy to include on the website that a 20% tip would be included as part of the charge. Very interesting that it is not mentioned.
                Cam
                29 Trips to WDW
                2 Trips to DLR
                2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I'm surprised it's not mentioned and I feel it should be, but I do wonder if this is Covid related perhaps? I know the States is much more of a cash society than over here, but since Covid, very few places now even accept cash payments, everything is contactless and maybe this is another example of that?

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• joelsmom
                    joelsmom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You may well be correct about this. Looking back at their website, there is no mention of Covid-19. Considering their reputation, I feel confident using them, but it is interesting that they don’t at least have a statement regarding safety measures. Also, the confirmation email says I can pay cash, credit card, or travelers checks (Do people still use those?), so I don’t think cash is the issue. Still, it is what it is.
                Working...
                X